The Loudoun County Department of Housing and Community Development is committed to increasing access to attainable housing throughout Loudoun. We offer rental and homeownership programs, provide loans for new housing development, and partner with nonprofits and towns on community development projects.
Visit these links to learn more about our programs:
Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan
- Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Program
- Apartment Guide and Map
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
- Down Payment, Closing Cost, and Homeownership Loan Programs
- Fair Housing Resource
- Financing for Affordable Multi-Family Rental Housing
- Home Improvement Programs
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program
- Income Guidelines for Department of Housing and Community Development Programs
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors approved an Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan (UHSNP) on September 8, 2021. The UHNSP is a key implementation step of the Loudoun County 2019 Comprehensive Plan. Its purpose is to define how the county will address unmet housing needs in a systemic and comprehensive way with integrated programs.
To view the plan and related documents and to receive updates on implementation, visit loudoun.gov/housingneeds.